Did you know that just 10 minutes a day of a little self-care and self-love can be a total game changer? Studies have shown that it doesn't take hours of exercise or meditation or any of your self-care practices, that in fact just 10 minutes a day can make all the difference.
I started adding in a few minutes here and there in my early 40s, and quickly learned that a 10 minute walk can most definetly elevate my mood, and that starting my day with 10 minutes of prayer, gratitude and medition, set the tone and intention for my day, which guided my mindset and helped to make my days more present and grounded, so waking up 30 minutes earlier was totally worth it, and most importantly for me, I learned that 10 minutes of Yoga a day is so much better for me than trying to squeeze in a 90 minute class just once week, and never making it!
So incorporating several 10 minute sessions of whatever I needed throughout my day became my new way of life and has since become part of my self-care and self-love message and mission.
I aim for 60 minutes a day, so then I'll do 6 - 10 minute things from my list and alternate them as I need them. I also have a base minimum that I have comitted to the past 15 years, and that is at least 30 minutes a day. No matter what is going on in my life, I can take 3 - 10 minute blocks of time to meditate, or walk outside or pray.
I've learned that i'm allowed to practice self-care and self-love daily, as many times a day as needed, no excuses and no justifications warranted, even in the busiest most chaotic times, isn't that when we need it most?
So 30 to 60 minutes a day of a little self-care and self-love aren't too much to ask, in fact don't you agree that it's neccessary, those minutes are life changing, try it for 30 days, and see for yourself how you really do have time daily to take care of you, give yourself the self-care and self-love you deserve.
• Pray - whatever your beliefs are, make time to pray
• Meditate - in silence or with a guided meditation or go outside and do a walking meditation
• Mindfulness - take moments when you can to pause and slow down, be aware, and become present. You can do this for 1 or 2 minutes at a time or do the 10 minutes altogether
• Gratitude - journal what you are grateful for or listen to a gratitude meditation or gratitude affirmation
• Affirmations - take 5 minutes in the morning and 5 minutes at night to recite affirmations that align with where you are at, at this moment
• Yoga - practice 10 minutes in the morning or at night
• Walk - 10 minutes a day add up
• Read - choose a book or an article or listen to an audio book if you prefer
• Personal self-care - wash your hair, shave, do a mask or a full body scrub
• Environmental self-care - organize and clean your work space or bedroom or kitchen
It doesn't take hours a day to practice a lil self-care and self-love, 10 minutes of walking a day will totally add up and ultimately be beneficial to your health, just like 10 minutes of yoga or meditation or mindfulness or gratitude practice, all of the 10 things I listed here and lots more things, don't have to be done for hours a day to add up and make a difference.
So add 1 or 2 of these 10 minute things or add in your own things to your to-do list daily and see for yourself just how beneficial 10 minutes of some self-care and self-love can be 💙
Conscious Positive Living