November is my birthday month, I was born on Thanksgiving Eve, almost 1 month early, I was due around Christmas, but true to my nature, I couldn't wait, so I showed up early, lol!
I like to think Thanksgiving or giving thanks is in my blood. To me, giving thanks & being grateful are a daily must, especially when I'm feeling overwhelmed by life, finding that 1 thing to be grateful for when I need it most always brings me joy & reminds me to look at ALL the things I have to be grateful for.
GRATEFUL not just for the big things but the everyday little things that tend to get overlooked & taken for granted
"Gratitude should not be just a reaction to getting what you want, but an all-the-time gratitude, the kind where you notice the little things and where you constantly look for the good,even in unpleasant situations.
Start bringing gratitude to your experiences instead of waiting for a positive experience in order to feel grateful." ~ Marelisa Fabrega
Here's 7 Ways to Practice Gratitude Daily
1. keep a gratitude journal - write down at least 3 things that you are thankful for daily
2. start a gratitude jar - write down 1 thing you are grateful for each day on a little piece of paper, fold it up, place it in the jar, and at the end of the month sit down & go through it
3. practice daily gratitude affirmations - make a list of gratitude affirmations or write them out on sticky notes & read them throughout the day
4. practice gratitude meditations - there are lots of free gratitude meditations available on the internet, find several, save them, & practice them daily
5. write a gratitude letter - write a letter to someone you are particularly grateful to have in your life
6. practice random acts of kindness - find ways throughout your day to spread kindness & share your sense of gratitude with others
7. say THANK YOU - out loud & often, gives thanks for waking up to a new day, or for your meals or for your loved ones
Reap the mental & physical benefits of practicing gratitude, feel more fulfilled & turn your obstacles into opportunities by expressing more gratitude daily!
Gratitude changes everything.
"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." ~ Melody Beattie
Try practicing gratitude for 30 days, and see how you feel and see for yourself, just how magical practicing gratitude can be.
"Gratitude is one of the strongest and most transformative states of being. It shifts your perspective from lack to abundance and allows you to focus on the good in your life, which in turn pulls more goodness into your reality. "
~ Jen Sincero
15 Life-changing benefits of practicing Gratitude :
✨️keeps you present
✨️reduces negative & toxic emotions
✨️supports heart health
✨️increases empathy & compassion for yourself & others
✨️increases greater life satisfaction
"Gratitude in advance is the most powerful creative force in the universe.
Most people do not know this, yet it is true.
Expressing thankfulness in advance is the way of all Masters.
So do not wait for a thing to happen and then give thanks. Give thanks before it happens, and watch energies swirl!
To thank God before something occurs is an act of extraordinary faith. And that, of course, is where the power comes from.” ~ Neale Donald Walsch
3 Ways to Practice Gratitude in Advance
✨️ Write a gratitude letter to your future self
✨️ Make a list of ways to be grateful in areas of your life that you aren't necessarily happy with
✨️ Volunteer or practice Random Acts of Kindness
Trust me when I say, that gratitude changes everything! Practicing gratitude is a total game changer, it is the missing ingredient to living a happy fulfilled life.
I know some days will be easier than others, and some may even be an all out battle to find 1 thing to be grateful for, and when there are those moments when you just can't seem to find anything to be grateful, know that it's okay and like all moments in life, know it will pass, and you will find something to be grateful for once again.
Conscious Positive Living